Handwoven with Care
Designer and Harvard educator Stephen Burks invites us into his Brooklyn haven and reflects on the meaning of home.Read More
They share what home means to them in a thoughtful piece by Tamy Emma Pepin.Read More
David Vivirido and Francesco Sourigues on finding comfort and creativity in the differences.Read More
We empower creators, makers and consumers to make a social impact through a global marketplace that fosters transparent sourcing, upcycling, ethical treatment of its employees and waste reduction. Simply put, good design and good purpose intersect here.
To reduce waste, the ingredients in this product use upcycled materials, including scrap and repurposed materials from discarded goods.
This product has been crafted with materials that are derived from plants, animals, or other naturally occurring materials.
This product supports an economic system that minimizes waste and maximizes the function of each resource.
This item uses advanced techniques to preserve water and reduce its ecological footprint during the production process.
This company supports women by encouraging female leadership and creating a safe, equitable work environment free from gender-based discrimination and harassment.
This organization includes employees in company operations, management decisions and supply chain, as well as participates actively in local initiatives.
This brand ensures a living wage for its supply chain workers, while also providing opportunities for acceleration, professional development and leadership.
A portion of proceeds from the sale of this product go towards disenfranchised groups that are specific to the brand’s social and cultural community.
This company is transparent in its business practices and reports annually on how it’s furthering its values and achieving its impact goals.
As Seen at MAISON&OBJET
- "Bless your loved ones (and yourself) with a piece that has a story, a purpose, and, yes, some positively fuego design"
- "A uniquely inspirational, aspirational and educational design destination"
- "From bowls to benches to cushions to soap, the products demonstrate sustainability in a range of forms"
- "What the world needs to finally merge the twin pillars of ethical consumption and good design"
- "This platform connects an ecosystem of makers to consumers looking to make better choices."
- "I walked away impressed with their vision for ethically made, transparently-sourced goods that also live up to their exacting design standards."
- "A new home and lifestyle e-commerce platform that puts good design and sustainability at its forefront"
- "A measure of certainty about a standard of quality that is so rare in this world where what you see is not often what you get."