When it’s time to harvest small fruits and veggies or clip blooms for your next floral arrangement, the Niwaki Forged Snips are the perfect tool for the job. These snips are exquisitely hand-forged in an old family-run factory in Japan and offer precision for a range of tasks, from delicate pruning to trimming. Each arm is crafted from a single piece of hard-wearing carbon steel, and the pointed tip allows you to get into tight spots and make neat cuts without harming the plants. Comfortable to hold and use over long periods, they're a favorite among Japanese gardeners for good reason.
Although Japanese carbon steel is durable, it can chip if mishandled, so use with care.
Features & Details
- Material: S58C Carbon Steel
- Dimensions: L 6.9 x W 1.7 x H 0.6 in
- Country of Origin: Japan
Niwaki Use + Care Instructions
- Japanese steel is hard and sharp, and can be more brittle than some people are used to - it will chip if abused
- Do not cut wire, metal, stone, plastic or any other hard material
- Do not twist or apply uneven pressure
- Cut diagonally across branches (not straight across) so you cut along the fibres
- Use the base of the blades, not the tips, for heavier cuts
Keeping Them Clean:
- Remove leaf resin, rust and gunk with water and a rough cloth
- Dry, wipe over with oil and store in a dry place
Keeping Them Sharp:
New tools won’t need sharpening for some time, but after a while you’ll notice them gradually lose their edge. Use our Niwaki Maintenance Kit for best results (#1000 grit is best for general sharpening).
- Sharpen Secateurs every couple of weeks
- Sharpen Shears every time you use them - the difference is amazing
Shipping & Returns
We currently only ship to Canada and the US (except PO boxes, APO/FPO and US Territories).
Your order will be shipped DDP (Delivery Duty Paid) so that you don't have to pay extra fees upon delivery. Please allow 2-6 business days for delivery from receipt of tracking. Add 5 business days for shipments to Canada.
We hope you’ll love your purchase. In case you need to make a return, you have 30 days to send eligible items back to us. Items that are customized or special ordered are not eligible for return. Contact us at email@example.com to initiate a return request.
Causes This Product Supports
This product has been crafted with materials that are derived from plants, animals, or other naturally occurring materials.
This product supports an economic system that minimizes waste and maximizes the function of each resource.
Heritage Craft Preservation
This product supports the preservation of heritage crafts and enables artisans to create sustainable livelihoods through their traditional skills
This organization actively engages in local initiatives in the communities in which it serves.